This PGBT Widening Project will include widening of the PGBT from north of Belt Line Road (Irving) to State Highway 78 to four lanes in each direction. PGBT between Interstate 30 and I-20 in Grand Prairie also will be widened to three lanes in each direction. All widening will take place within the center median.
The project will be built in phases, and construction is underway in some sections.
- PGBT between U.S. 75 and the Dallas North Tollway and westbound between Renner Road and U.S. 75: Construction began in May 2015 and was opened to traffic in November 2016.
- SH 78 to U.S. 75: Construction began in June 2017; anticipated completion, weather permitting: early 2019
- DNT to I-35E: Construction anticipated to begin in July 2017; anticipated completion: late 2019
- I-35E to north of Belt Line Road (Irving): Currently in design phase
- SH 183 to I-30: Currently in planning phase
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for “Frequently Asked Questions” about the PGBT Widening Project.
Progress in Pictures
Photo Slideshow – View photos of the PGBT Widening Project construction.