President George Bush Turnpike Widening Project Description
The PGBT Widening Project includes widening the PGBT from Interstate 20 to State Highway 183 and from Belt Line Road (Irving) to State Highway 78 to four lanes in each direction. All widening will take place within the existing center median.
The project is being built in phases, and construction is underway or completed in some sections.
- PGBT between U.S. 75 and the Dallas North Tollway and westbound between Renner Road and U.S. 75: Construction began in May 2015 and the fourth lane was opened to traffic in November 2016
- SH 78 to U.S. 75: Construction began in June 2017 and the fourth lane was opened to traffic in October 2018
- DNT to I-35E: Construction began in July 2017; the eastbound fourth lane between Frankford Road to just east of the DNT was opened on July 1, 2019; anticipated completion of entire section, weather permitting: Late 2019
- I-35E to Belt Line Road (Irving): Construction began August 1, 2019; anticipated completion, weather permitting: Late 2021
- SH 183 to I-20: Currently under design
We can also email this report to you each quarter. If you would like to be added to our CPR distribution list, please send us a note at ProgressNTTA@ntta.org.
Click here for “Frequently Asked Questions” about the PGBT Widening Project.
Progress in Pictures
Photo Slideshow – View photos of the PGBT Widening Project construction.