President George Bush Turnpike Widening Project Description
The PGBT Widening Project includes widening of the PGBT from Interstate 20 to State Highway 183 and from north of Belt Line Road (Irving) to State Highway 78 to four lanes in each direction. All widening will take place within the existing center median.
The project is being built in phases, and construction is underway or completed in some sections.
- PGBT between U.S. 75 and the Dallas North Tollway and westbound between Renner Road and U.S. 75: Construction began in May 2015 and the fourth lane was opened to traffic in November 2016
- SH 78 to U.S. 75: Construction began in June 2017 and the fourth lane was opened to traffic in October 2018
- DNT to I-35E: Construction began in July 2017; anticipated completion, weather permitting: Late 2019
- I-35E to north of Belt Line Road (Irving): Currently in design phase
- SH 183 to I-20: Currently in the design phase
Corridor Progress Report
Every quarter, NTTA creates Corridor Progress Reports (CPR) for projects under construction or future projects.
We can also email this report to you each quarter. If you would like to be added to our CPR distribution list, please send us a note at ProgressNTTA@ntta.org.
Click here for “Frequently Asked Questions” about the PGBT Widening Project.
Progress in Pictures
Photo Slideshow – View photos of the PGBT Widening Project construction.