This PGBT Widening Project will include widening of the PGBT from north of Belt Line Road (Irving) to State Highway 78 to four lanes in each direction. PGBT between Interstate 30 and I-20 in Grand Prairie also will be widened to three lanes in each direction. All widening will take place within the center median.
The project will be built in phases, and construction is underway in some sections.
- PGBT between U.S. 75 and the Dallas North Tollway and westbound between Renner Road and U.S. 75: Construction began in May 2015; anticipated completion: late 2016.
- SH 78 to U.S. 75 and DNT to I-35E: Construction anticipated to begin in late May or early June 2017; anticipated completion: end of 2019.
- I-35E to north of Belt Line Road (Irving): Currently in planning phase.
- I-20 to I-30: Currently in planning phase
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for “Frequently Asked Questions” about the PGBT Widening Project.
Progress in Pictures
Photo Slideshow – View photos of the PGBT Widening Project construction.
- Construction of PGBT between U.S. 75 and DNT and westbound between Renner Road and U.S. 75 began on May 18, 2015.
- PGBT/DNT Interchange Area B.I.G. meetings were held on June 23 and Sept. 30, 2015, and Jan. 25, May 24, and Aug. 31, 2016.