NEW: Speed Limit to Lower on Dallas North Tollway from South of I-635 to I-35E. Learn more.
Dallas North Tollway Improvement Projects Description
DNT Improvement Projects consist of projects located along the DNT from Interstate 635 north to the Sam Rayburn Tollway. These include:
- Sam Rayburn Tollway to President George Bush Turnpike: the addition of a fourth lane in both directions
- DNT/PGBT interchange: reconfigure the existing direct-connector ramps on the north side of the interchange to add another lane
- SRT to I-635: pavement surface overlay, restriping and relocation of existing light poles from the center median barrier to the outside
- PGBT to Belt Line Road: restriping to add a fourth lane on southbound DNT from PGBT to the Belt Line Road exit and restriping to extend the existing fourth lane on northbound DNT from the Trinity Mills Road exit to the PGBT exit
- Harvest Hill Road to I-35E: replacing the center barrier, resurfacing the pavement and adding new pavement markings. For more information on these improvements, click here.
Below is a map of the DNT Improvement Projects.
Along with this map are detailed schematics of the DNT Improvements:
From SRT to PGBT
From PGBT to north of I-635
Map of DNT Improvements from PGBT to Interstate 635
Construction continues on the improvements along DNT between PGBT and I-635. Below is a map of the construction area.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for “Frequently Asked Questions” about the DNT Improvement Projects.
Progress in Pictures
|Photo Slideshow – View photos of the DNT Project Improvement Projects construction.|
- Construction on the DNT/PGBT interchange and on the main lanes between PGBT and SRT began on June 1, 2015.
- Two B.I.G. meetings were held on June 23 and 24, 2015. NTTA held the second round of B.I.G. meetings on Sept. 29 and 30, 2015.
- At the January 2016 Board Meeting, contractors were selected for construction and management services for the section from I-635 to PGBT. The board also authorized lowered speed limits to 55 and 60 mph in the construction area at the beginning of construction.
- The first B.I.G. meetings of 2016 were held on Jan. 26 and 27.
- Construction from the DNT/PGBT interchange to I-635 began on March 28.
- First Addison area B.I.G. meeting held on April 21.
- B.I.G. meetings for the Legacy and Interchange areas were held on May 24 and 25.
- The Tennyson Parkway bridge was partially demolished June 11-13 in order to continue construction on the DNT main lanes.
- A B.I.G. for the Interchange area was held on Aug. 31.
- Construction on improvements from Harvest Hill Road to I-35E began April 9.
- At the April 19, 2017 Board Meeting, the board authorized lowered speed limits of 55 mph in the construction area for improvements located between Harvest Hill Road and I-35E.